Users can have multiple mailboxes and would like to be able to set the default from address which is used for new emails only.
A 'Send As' user can be set as default for new emails, regardless of selected mailbox.
Similar to the "Default CC user"feature:
- Create three new fields: new mail, reply, forward
- Default: Not enabled (red cross) for new mail, replies and forwards
- Important note: Only one default can be set, so when
- You configured two from users e.g. user2 and user3.
- Make user2 default for reply and new mail, forward
- Clicking and activating the field for user3, should disable the field for user2.
What should still be working:
- When no default is set we still take set the email from the corresponding inbox (Current behavior)
- When from field is set, it should always be visible (Should be the case already)
- Users in the from list (in settings) should still be visible in the from button drop down
Note: this should not affect meeting requests in shared calendars